EPO ANNOUNCES RAISE OF FEES FROM 1ST APRIL 2016
According to an EPO Administration Council Decision of 16 December 2015, the EPO's fee schedule and rules relating to fees have been adapted. The new schedule and rules relating to fees enter into force on 1st April 2014. They are generally applicable to payments made on or after 1st April 2016, with some exceptions.
The reviewed fees show generally an increase of about 1% for the fees greater than 400 EUR.
Raised fees concern in particular the fees for:
- Search fee for an application filed on or after 1 July 2005 : 1300 EUR (increased by 15 EUR),
- Designation fee : 585 EUR (increased by 5 EUR),
- Examination fee (for applications filed after 1 July 2005) : 1635 EUR (increased by 15 EUR),
- Examination fee (for international applications filed after 1 July 2005 for which no supplementary European search report is drawn up) : 1825 EUR (increased by 20 EUR),
- Opposition fee : 785 EUR (increased by 10 EUR),
- Appeal fee : 1880 EUR (increased by 20 EUR),
- Grant fee (not more than 35 pages) : 925 EUR (increased by 10 EUR),
- Grant fee (more than 35 pages) : 925 EUR (increased by 10 EUR) plus 15 EUR for the 36th and each subsequent page.
As a consequence, in case procedural steps for EPO patents or patent applications are due in mid-2016 or in case you wish to use any of the EPO's services concerned by the fee raise, especially the search fee which is due for a PCT application when the EPO was not the international searching authority, it can be worthwhile to take the necessary steps so that the respective fee can be paid before 1st April 2016.
If you have questions with regards to the new fee schedule, please contact LAVOIX Munich.
Publication date : March 2016