LAVOIX assists its clients in protecting the appearance/the shape of an object via drawings (2D representation) or models (3D representation).
Like trademarks, designs are key factors for companies in securing and retaining clients. They are an integral part of the characteristics that make it possible to assert the identity and image of a brand.
The LAVOIX teams (attorneys-at-law and industrial property attorneys) assist their clients in defining their strategies for protecting, enhancing, defending, optimising and monitoring their designs and models.
LAVOIX offers the following designs and models services in particular:
- Prior art searches,
- Design and model portfolio management optimisation,
- Definition of filing strategies in terms of territories covered and protection tools,
- Monitoring of designs and model,
- Technical preparation for filing,
- Monitoring of examination procedures,
- Monitoring of renewal procedures,
- Various filings with all types of national, international and foreign registers (transfer of ownership, change of name/address, licenses, pledges, coexistence agreements, etc.),
- Development of designs and models (licenses, etc.),
- Pre-litigation and litigation (final notice letters, bailiff summonses, counterfeit seizures, assignments, etc.).
- Decision “Kraftfahrzeugfelgen II” (Motor vehicle rim II) of the German Federal Supreme Court (BGH) - January 2019
- Assessment of the distinctive character of three-dimensional trademarks: The need for a remarkable shape - December 2018
- Droit d'auteur : un divorce consommé, une conciliation possible - November 2018
- Protéger ses marques et sa propriété industrielle en Chine - November 2018
- Livre Blanc - Recherches d'antériorités en dessins & modèles - April 2018