LAVOIX assists its clients in protecting the appearance/the shape of an object via drawings (2D representation) or models (3D representation).
Like trademarks, designs are key factors for companies in securing and retaining clients. They are an integral part of the characteristics that make it possible to assert the identity and image of a brand.
The LAVOIX teams (attorneys-at-law and industrial property attorneys) assist their clients in defining their strategies for protecting, enhancing, defending, optimising and monitoring their designs and models.
LAVOIX offers the following designs and models services in particular:
- Prior art searches,
- Design and model portfolio management optimisation,
- Definition of filing strategies in terms of territories covered and protection tools,
- Monitoring of designs and model,
- Technical preparation for filing,
- Monitoring of examination procedures,
- Monitoring of renewal procedures,
- Various filings with all types of national, international and foreign registers (transfer of ownership, change of name/address, licenses, pledges, coexistence agreements, etc.),
- Development of designs and models (licenses, etc.),
- Pre-litigation and litigation (final notice letters, bailiff summonses, counterfeit seizures, assignments, etc.).
- Assimilation of repeated trademark filing practices to bad faith - June 2021
- Storming MONT BLANC– between non-use and fraud - February 2021
- The challenge of protecting trademarks that represent iconic goods - October 2020
- Brexit: provisions regarding renewals are known ! - October 2020
- Brexit: The end of the transition period is approaching ! - September 2020