A domain name is an identifier
for an internet domain.
Domain names have become their own distinctive signs, and with them, Internet litigation is growing.
LAVOIX was one of the first firms to provide its clients with services to reserve domain names, which we manage ourselves, via the intermediary of our subsidiary ORDIPAT, a registrar specialized in the application of information technology to intellectual property.
We have also developed significant experience in internet-related disputes, and more particularly in cases of fraudulent domain name registration.
We have successfully managed a number of complaints on behalf of our clients before the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center, the AFNIC (administrator of French top-level domains) (SYRELI dispute resolution system), the Czech Court of Arbitration (ADR proceedings), etc.
LAVOIX provides administrative management for domain names, in particular:
- Providing reservation instructions to the service provider, maintaining validity,
- Internal expiration monitoring (expiration reminders, administrative transfers in France and in all other registrars),
- Domain name reservations,
- Domain name monitoring,
- Domain name portfolio monitoring,
- Domain name dispute resolution,
- Amicable proceedings for dispute resolution/arbitration,
- Domain name acquisition (bidding).